NSAA Past Paper Collection (2016 - 2021)
Are you looking for NSAA past papers? You’ve come to the right place!
Create a free Exams.Ninja account in less than 30 seconds and access every NSAA Past Paper.
NSAA Section 1 Past Papers (2016 - 2021)
Why use Past Papers?
Past papers are inherently the most realistic materials available for NSAA preparation, as they are real papers from the exam! Past papers are the best way of taking mock exams, as they will provide you with actual NSAA questions and a realistic format.
Once you’ve been preparing for a while, you’re more than likely going to want to give the exam a go, which is exactly why past papers are so helpful. Not only are you taking a perfectly accurate mock exam, but you’ll also have access to the answer to every question to make marking easy for you.
Plus, you can go a step further and view worked solutions for every paper to get a better understanding of how each question is solved. You can access these when you upgrade your NSAA.Ninja account!
History of the NSAA
The first NSAA was sat in 2016 for the admissions process of Natural Sciences at the University of Cambridge. Since this date, several major changes have been made to the NSAA that affected its format and content specification. From 2016 – 2019, the NSAA had a very different format from the test you will sit this year:
- Section 1 of the NSAA was made up of 5 Parts listed Part A – Part E. These parts covered the following: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Advanced Mathematics and Advanced Physics.
- Each of these parts contained 18 questions, which all needed to be answered. This means that Section 1 contained a total of 54 questions to answer.
- The time limit for Section 1 was 80 minutes in total.
- Section 2 was made up of just six questions, with two from each core science. These questions were not multiple-choice but were longer form written questions split up into multiple parts (usually around 6 parts per question).
- Only two of them needed to be answered in the exam, although applicants could pick any two to answer.
- The time limit for Section 2 was 40 minutes in total.
This format was changed in the 2020 exam into the format that applicants now sit today. In 2022, a major change was made to the NSAA specification:
- Up until 2021, the specification for Section 2 featured content knowledge for advanced physics and advanced chemistry only. In 2022, content knowledge for advanced biology was added, meaning questions for Part Z Biology will now contain exclusive content knowledge requirements relating to Advanced Biology.
These changes have helped the NSAA become a much more well-rounded admissions test, allowing applicants to specialise into specific subjects while still testing their knowledge with advanced questions.
NSAA Past Paper Tips
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you optimise your NSAA Preparation with these past papers:
Here on Exams.Ninja, you’ll find amazingly in-depth guides to show you through every section of the exam, along with guides to help you with your planning and revision. Check out one of our Definitive Guides below!
Get the most out of your NSAA Past Papers with NSAA.Ninja
Your NSAA.Ninja account gives you access to every NSAA past paper and tonnes of practice questions. You can even upgrade your account to access worked solutions and other amazing features. To access your past papers, just follow these simple steps:
Sign up for your free Exams.Ninja account.
Enter the Exam Arena on the home page.
Choose the past paper that you want to try.
Take the exam!
Sign up today to try the NSAA Preparation Platform for free!